Family Winelands Cycling Tour in Stellenbosch
- About 6 hours
For those that want to slow down the pace and spend the day absorbing their surroundings, book yourself on a relaxed meander through the winelands. Riders will visit three superb wineries for a unique tasting experience.
Designed with families in mind, this winelands cycle tour is accessible to all ages and fitness levels with loads of child-friendly activities to enjoy along the way. While mom and dad soak up the sights, sounds and flavours of the Stellenbosch Winelands, our trained guides will keep a close eye on the kids, keeping them safe and entertained throughout.
The starting time is 10h00 and you can expect to be done by +/-16h00.
Good to know
- Tours are weather dependent
- Clients to ensure they are capable of cycling 10km with a child carrier/buggy
- Client to be aware that bikes are mountain bikes and not city cruisers
- Clients to note that cycling is done off-road, and not on paved cycle paths
- Self-drive is the standard option, please enquire about hotel pickups
- Fully guided tour, 1 guide per 10 guests
- Mountain bike and helmet rental
- Child seats, baby buggy or children’s bikes according to the size of the child
- Snack pack (including bottled water, choc & peanuts/raisins)
- All Wine tastings on route (3 estates visited)
- Non alcoholic tastings for children under 18
- Lunch – We will stop at an estate en route for lunch at clients own account
- Additional wine purchases made on the day
- Gratuities (optional)
- Comfy clothes suitable for weather
- Closed shoes ideal for cycling
- Swimming costume
- Sun block
- Money for extras not included
Had a great experience out in Elgin with a super guide and fun time for all, highly recommended.
We had a great tour with Innocent and Linda. The guys are super friendly and welcoming. The bikes are good maintained. So I asume that they have changed them if I read older reviews.
I would recommend you to do this trip if you know how to bike! It is a little challenging for those who have never ride a bike before.
The boys gave a food explanation about making wine. However it would be nice to have heard about the process of making wine from a winemaker.
We did two separate outings with Bikes 'n Wines. The first was through Cape Peninsula park to the Cape of Good Hope. The second was a luxury tour through the Stellenbosch wine country. We loved both. Our guide, Abi, was with us for both trips. He was great! Told us a lot about the different areas and interesting facts about culture. We are amateur bikers so some of the hills in the wine country were a little challenging, but Abi helped us up those too. He was amazing. The views on both bike trips were great. We had so much fun and would definitely recommend them as a great way to see the Western Cape. Ask for Abi!
Awesome! The complimentary transfer was great, and the guide knows how to make your day! The biking through the vineyards gives you such a different perspective because you are able to go where cars do not go! Biking downhill gives you such a satisfying feeling and combined with the excellent wine tastings en-route and all explanations from the guide, I had an amazing day! 10/10 would recommend!
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.