Safari Flight in Hot Air Balloon
- About 1 hour
Our balloon safaris take place over several game reserves within the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site. Rolling hills, large open grasslands scattered with plains game, and winding rivers, together lay the setting for a diverse array of wildlife sightings from the hot air balloon. Our air balloon rides over the Reserves of the Cradle of Humankind, home to four of the Big Five, have a good chance of spotting these iconic animals of Africa. Drifting gently with the winds of the morning our balloon safaris offer guests unique game viewing and photographic opportunities, making for a very memorable experience.
Our meeting point is conveniently located at a luxury lodge within the Cradle of Humankind, and is approximately 30 minutes drive from Johannesburg and 40min drive from Pretoria.
- Meet at 5 star lodge
- Short briefing with guides
- Transfer to the balloon launch site
- Refreshments are served as you watch the balloon being inflated
- Take-off at sunrise
- Hot air balloon flight of approximately 1 hour
- Enjoy game viewing from the balloon
- Keeping with tradition, the flight will be celebrated with sparkling wine and orange juice
- Certificates presented by the pilot
- Transfer back to the lodge
The entire ballooning experience will take 3 - 4 hours.
Good to know
- We require a minimum of 4 passengers to confirm a flight on-board one of our larger passenger balloons. There are two alternatives available, we can provisionally book you onto the date then try to confirm another 2 passengers to fly with you or we can move your flight to the next suitable date
- Guests with any medical conditions, that they feel AirVentures should be made aware of, accept the responsibility to advise us accordingly All passengers must be able to stand for the duration of the flight, and must be able to enter and exit the basket
- To conform with the industry accepted practise, we consider it unsafe to fly when pregnant
- Scenic flight of approximately 1 hour
- Sparkling wine and orange Juice
- Transfer back to lodge
- Commemorative certificate
- Gratuities (optional)
- Sun block
- Long pants
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
Fun, Flight, Food, Fauna and Flora at its exquisite best! Highlights of the Flight...in the midst of the clouds whilst peaking towards the risen sun; the not-so-bumpy and jolty landing; Expert Pilot Adam manoeuvring the balloon with precision and landing us on the trailer...
Strict Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 7 days before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.